- raises awareness of structured products and Association members in Switzerland and abroad
- provides information on structured products and their use in asset management
- promotes acceptance of structured products in asset management
- makes recommendations as needed and defines conduct and industry standards
- monitors the playing field and operating conditions, in Switzerland and abroad, to which structured products are subject. SSPA also generates studies and statistics and suggests possible solutions to members’ concerns.
- issue structured products
- maintain a substantial presence in Switzerland directly or indirectly, via group companies, with offices and personnel related to the issuance, listing and marketing of structured products
- maintain regular listings of a sizeable volume of structured products at SIX Swiss Exchange
Legal entities as well as individuals supporting the intentions and objectives of the SSPA may apply for passive membership.The SSPA Committee may decline membership in the Association without giving a particular reason.
The bodies of SSPA are the Delegate Meeting, the Committee and the Business Office. At the Delegate Meeting each active member has two votes. Passive members may participate at the Delegate Meeting without voting rights.
The SSPA Committee consists of the five following members: Daniel Sandmeier, Credit Suisse (President); Georg von Wattenwyl, Vontobel (Vice-President); Philipp Rickenbacher, JBC; Patrick Grob, UBS; Jan Schoch, Leonteq. No more than one delegate per active member may occupy a Committee seat.If needed, the Association may nominate working groups that deal with specific aspects of Association work. Both, passive and active members may participate in working groups.
- Public Relations
- Legal & Regulation
- Operations & Standards
For further information regarding liability, please read the brochure of the Swiss Bankers Association “Special Risks in Securities Trading”.